Creating Dispute Letters for your client
Once you’ve imported your client’s credit reports, the next step is to create dispute letters using our Dispute Wizard.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Where do I find the Dispute Wizard?
- What are the different scenarios when using the Dispute Wizard?
- How can I create dispute letters using imported items?
- How can I create dispute letters for manually “imported” items?
- Can you help me choose a letter for Round 2 (or higher)?
To start, make sure you have the following:
- A Credit Repair Cloud account - Sign up for a free trial here!
- Imported Credit Reports or a Report that you want to manually input
Where do I find the Dispute Wizard?
- Log in to your Credit Repair Cloud account
- Click on My Clients
- Click on your client’s name to open the client dashboard
- Click on Dispute Wizard
What are the different scenarios when using the Dispute Wizard?
You have imported a report from a supported credit report provider. When facing this scenario, you will select credit items from the imported list.
The supported providers are:
IdentityIQ (Affiliate program available)
SmartCredit (Affiliate program available)
MyFreeScoreNow (Affiliate program available)
MyScoreIQ (Affiliate program available)
- Your client has a report that’s not supported (therefore can’t be imported). In this case, you can manually add credit items for your dispute letters.
- You are already on Round 2 or higher and you are unsure on which letter to use.
How can I create dispute letters using imported items?
Once you have imported your client’s first credit report, follow the steps below to select the negative items and generate the dispute letters.
- Click on View My Newest Pending Report
- Scroll through the report and locate every item with a Negative Status
- Click on Choose reason and select the dispute reason that fits your client’s scenario
- Click on Choose instructions and select the instruction for the bureaus on the specific item
Or, click on Add new instruction if you want to add a custom instruction.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for every Negative item
- Click on Save my work and continue to the Wizard
- Select Round 1: Basic Dispute (Credit Bureaus)
- Click on ADD SAVED/PENDING ITEM(S)
A popup will open where you will select up to five items for your client’s first round of letters.
- Select ALL items you wish to dispute
- Click on Continue
- Check the boxes to the left of each item for the first Round 1 letter
We recommend sending between 3 to 5 dispute items to a credit bureau within a 30 day period. If you send more, you risk being labeled “frivolous.”
Any remaining unchecked items will be saved as "Pending" to include in another Round 1 Dispute Letter in 30 days.
- Click on Next
- Click on SAVE LETTERS
Always save your letters before you print.
- Click on PRINT PREVIEW
- Click on Print
Additionally, you can export the letters as .pdf or .doc files by clicking EXPORT AS PDF or EXPORT AS WORD.
How can I create dispute letters for manually “imported” items?
Our Dispute Wizard can also help you when your client’s report can’t be imported by our software. In that case, you can manually enter credit items and create dispute letters for those items.
Can you help me choose a letter for Round 2 (or higher)?
If you’ve already started the credit repair process for your client and are unsure on which letter to use for the next rounds, please read this article to learn about our Letter Finder tool.
What you can do now: