Creating invoices in Credit Repair Cloud can help you keep track of your customers’ payment history within your account. If you are still using ChargeBee as your subscription management tool, you don’t need to manually create invoices as the invoicing-billing process will be automatic and visible in ChargeBee. The same applies to Billsby; the invoicing-billing process is automated and visible within Billsby’s dashboards.
Important Note - Chargebee
You may notice old documentation in Credit Repair Cloud mentioning “Chargebee.” However, Chargebee recently changed their business model to Enterprise, which resulted in severely spiked fees, and they began rejecting CRC users. We no longer recommend Chargebee. We suggest Billsby as a simple and more affordable alternative. If you're still using Chargebee, please know that the integration may be discontinued at any time.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Why would I use the Invoices feature in Credit Repair Cloud?
- How do I create an invoice in Credit Repair Cloud?
- How does the Invoices feature communicate with ChargeBee?
To start, make sure you have the following:
Why would I use the Invoices feature in Credit Repair Cloud?
Using the Invoices feature in Credit Repair Cloud would be an alternative to keeping track of your clients’ invoices if your subscription management tool doesn’t offer an invoice log (which would be a rare scenario).
The other potential use case would be if you want to have a duplicate of the invoicing/charges log in Credit Repair Cloud since the original log would be located in your subscription management tool (i.e., Billsby or Chargebee).
How do I create an invoice in Credit Repair Cloud?
If you’d like to keep track of your client’s invoice history within your Credit Repair Cloud account, you can manually create invoices by following the steps below.
- Log in to your Credit Repair Cloud account
- Click on Clients
- Click on your client’s name to open the client dashboard
- Scroll down and click on + Add New Invoice
- (Optional) Enter a Reference No. (this would be your client’s invoice number)
- Enter the number of Days for your payment Terms
- Select an Invoice Date from the calendar
The Due Date will adjust accordingly depending on the Terms.
- Enter the item’s Description
- (Optional) Check the Save For Future Use? box if you want to save the item for a future invoice
- Enter the item’s Price
- Click on Add New Item to add a new line item if needed
- Repeat Steps 5-10 for every new item as needed
- Click on Save Invoice
You will get a success notification and be redirected to the Invoices page.
How does the Invoices feature communicate with ChargeBee?
If you're a ChargeBee user, be cautious about creating invoices in Credit Repair Cloud, as this can trigger an instant charge to the client's credit card that is separate from their billing plan.
If you are still using ChargBee to manage your clients’ subscriptions, you can create an Invoice to bill them for a service/product outside of their monthly plan.
If you are a ChargeBee user, you don't need to create invoices manually. Invoices will be created and sent automatically by ChargeBee, and your Credit Repair Cloud accounting will keep in perfect sync.
What you can do now / Related articles: