The first step with each new client is to obtain fresh new reports from all 3 bureaus, but the question we’re often asked is: Who orders the reports and where do you order them from?
Answer: When a client orders their own reports, they don’t suffer a hit on their score.
We asked some of the biggest credit repair firms and there are basically two ways they handle report ordering:
Most companies have the client sign up for Credit monitoring and then they ask the client for their login details and security word.
Other companies have the clients sign a power of attorney letter and order the reports for them, but that's rare because these providers do not want credit repair companies ordering credit reports for clients. These are consumer services.
The 1 Click Auto-Import Tool is one of our greatest features.
Our software can import credit items from these credit report providers:
- IdentityIQ (recommended)
- SmartCredit (recommended)
- MyFreeScoreNow (recommended)
- MyScoreIQ (recommended)
Each provider will offer plans with instant access to reports and scores from all 3 bureaus. Some may even offer trials for as little as $1. That's a real bargain for your client. Just remember that your client must be the one who signs up. The report providers DO NOT want you ordering reports for your clients.
I know you're thinking "Can't I just order the reports for my client?" Unfortunately, the answer is no no no! These are consumer services only. There are privacy issues. So please have your client signup themselves, pay the $1 for the free trial and share the login details.
Now lets Import an Online Credit Report!
Log into your client's dashboard, click on 1-Click Import and Audit, and then follow the steps on the page.
Before you start: We highly recommend that you have your client complete their “Client Onboarding” so they can signup for credit monitoring and add their client login details (and so you can earn an affiliate commission from the credit monitoring company).
Let's Do This!
- Go to My Clients and click on the client's name for whom you wish to import the report.
- Once there, click on Import/Audit and be sure their credit report provider credentials are below.
- Your client's login credentials for credit monitoring will populate. Once you verify their credentials are below, you can click on Import Credit Report and then choose NEW Auto Import under Choose Import Method
- If you do not wish to run a simple audit, you can click the link at the bottom that says I don't need an audit, just import as shown above.
- Once you click on Import Report, then you are all done with importing the report and you can now choose reasons and instructions for all negative and incorrect items.
What if your client gives you a report that isn't one of these listed?
You can manually add dispute items into the software. here's how:
How do I update a client's report? Should I re-import a new credit report after changes happen?
Yes! You can use the 1-click import and audit button in the Client Dashboard to re-import a credit report. When a client has a saved report, you will now see the option to "re-import" a new credit report, and the software will analyze all the items in the last credit report that was imported, showing you a summary of what has changed since then.