If you already own a domain purchased and managed in GoDaddy, and want to use it for your Credit Repair business website, this article will guide you through the correct setup. To connect your existing GoDaddy domain with your website, you need to edit your nameservers.
Table of contents:
To start, make sure you have the following:
- An active account with My Credit Repair Site - Sign up here!
- A domain purchased in GoDaddy
Edit nameservers of your GoDaddy domain
If you have an email inbox configured under your domain, it’s CRITICAL that you follow the process outlined here first, or your email inbox will stop working. Once you complete that, please come back to this article and follow the steps below to bring your GoDaddy domain over to My Credit Repair Site.
- Go to https://dcc.godaddy.com/
- Sign in to your GoDaddy account
- Click on the domain’s name that you want to use for your credit repair site
- Scroll down and click on Manage DNS
- Scroll down and locate the Nameservers section
- Click on Change
- Click on Enter my own nameservers (advanced)
- Enter ns1.mycreditrepairsite.com in the first field
- Enter ns2.mycreditrepairsite.com in the second field
- Click on Save
Please note it can take up to 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect.
After this time, you will be able to publish your website using your GoDaddy domain!
If you have forwarding rules for your domain, remove them and be sure to save changes again. Failing to do this may send your visitors to our mycreditrepairsite.com website instead of yours. So remember, no forwarding rules, please!
What you can do now: