Is your domain already registered at GoDaddy or some other company and not with us?
Didn’t buy your domain name from us? No worries, your domain can stay exactly where it is (at that other company) and it will work just fine with our web hosting. All you need to do is change some information with the company where your domain is registered.
Is your Domain at GoDaddy?
If you’re Domain is at GODADDY click here for step-by-step Instructions just for GoDaddy.
For any other companies, follow these steps:
- Call that company’s support line (GoDaddy, etc) or log into your account at that company
- Change the nameserver records to the information below so that your domain can be associated to your site:
***DO NOT PLACE ANY “FORWARDING” OR YOU WILL SEE OUR SITE INSTEAD OF YOUR SITE! *** Only change NAMESERVER RECORDS and REMOVE ANY FORWARDING YOU HAVE ON THE DOMAIN. NO FORWARDING!
If you need help with this step please contact the company you registered your domain with. Once you change NameServer records it may take up to 24 hours for the domain to “propagate” throughout the internet before your published site will display.
Is your email hosted at another company?
If you already have existing email service with that other company
- We recommend that you continue email service with them. That will cause you the least amount of work as you won't need to reconfigure everything.
- Please contact that other company and change your MX settings in your MyCreditRepair Site account PRIOR to changing your nameservers to mycreditrepairsite.com otherwise, your email will cease to function.
- You can change MX settings yourself in your cPanel. If you need assistance in the cPanel, please contact the other company (GoDaddy, etc) first, and ask them for the exact MX records and/or DNS settings needed in order to host the website with us and keep your email service with them. Then forward those instructions to us in a support ticket (with a friendly note explaining what you’re trying to do.