Billsby is a recurring Billing & Subscription Management Software that automates the monthly charges from your client’s credit/debit cards. In this article, we’ll provide you with the resources you need to set up the billing process for your credit repair business.
Table of contents:
- What is Billsby?
- Why would I want to use Billsby?
- How can I apply to get a merchant account?
- Why can’t I use Stripe or PayPal for my credit repair business?
- Billsby Quick Start Guide - Downloadable
To start, make sure you have the following:
- Credit Repair Cloud account - Sign up for a free trial here!
- A merchant account - Request a merchant account here!
- An Authorize.net gateway - Your merchant account provider will help you get one
What is Billsby?
Billsby is a recurring billing and subscription management software. Billsby will help you automate charges to your clients’ cards. Before you begin, it’s important to understand that Billsby is a third-party vendor and is not owned by Credit Repair Cloud or partners with. Billsby has its own customer service and support. When you choose to use them, you are doing so independently as a separate tool for billing your clients.
Why would I want to use Billsby?
Billsby is the best way to get started with the tools you need with a minimal expense of $35 per month when collecting $15,000 per month or less. Revenue exceeding $15,000/mo will be subject to a 0.4% fee.
Billsby also offers to get your account sorted through onboarding calls so it's minimal effort for you - making the entire process easier and less stress-filled.
How can I apply to get a merchant account?
As mentioned in the prerequisites section above, one of the requirements to use Billsby is to get a merchant account first.
You must have a merchant account authorized for credit repair to operate your business properly.
- Go to https://www.creditrepaircloud.com/merchant
- Scroll down and click on REQUEST MERCHANT ACCOUNT
- Make sure the 5 Star Processing box is checked
- Fill the application form accordingly
- Click on the REQUEST MERCHANT ACCOUNT button below the form
- Thanks for submitting your information!
Your request will go directly to the merchant account provider. Please save your questions for the representative who will contact you within one business day.
- Click on CLOSE THIS WINDOW
Why can’t I use Stripe or PayPal for my credit repair business?
As tempting as it may seem, you cannot use PayPal, Stripe, Square, or any other popular billing service for credit repair. It is against their Terms of Service. No matter what you name your business, they will eventually discover your violation and will ban you, freeze your money (and you may never get it back).
In case you already have a different merchant account, always check with your provider first before billing your clients for credit repair services.
Is there a comprehensive quick start guide for Billsby that I can download?
Yes! This guide includes everything you need, from setting up a subscription product, setting up 1-time charges, invoices, refunds, and much more.
Important Note - Chargebee
You may notice old documentation in Credit Repair Cloud mentioning “Chargebee.” However, Chargebee recently changed their business model to Enterprise which resulted in severely spiked fees and they began rejecting CRC users. We no longer recommend Chargebee. As an alternative, we suggest Billsby as your super simple and more affordable option.