When starting the credit repair process for your clients, you will begin with a Round 1 letter in most cases. This is by far the most widely used and effective letter to use to go after the low-hanging fruit, and again should be your very first move when going after items on a credit report. Which letter to send for Round 2, 3, 4, and higher, depends on the client's particular situation and how the credit bureaus respond to the Round 1 letter.
When choosing a letter for Round or higher, you can use the Guided Mode or Expert Mode.
In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about using the Library or Expert Mode.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Using the Library (Expert Mode) for Round 2 and other letters
- Free Basic Disputing Course
- Can the letters be modified?
- Can a letter be modified just for one client?
To start, make sure you have the following:
- A Credit Repair Cloud account - Sign up for a free trial here!
- A client with an imported and tagged report
Using the Library (Expert Mode) for Round 2 and other letters
Access to Round 2 or higher letters is limited to paid accounts. Trial accounts don’t have access to Round 2 or higher letters.
- Log in to your Credit Repair Cloud account
- Click on Clients
- Click on your client’s name to open the client dashboard
- Click on Run Dispute Wizard
- Select Round 2 or Higher
- Under Letter Recipient select Credit Bureau or Creditor/Furnisher Reporting the Item
- Click on + Add Saved Pending Items
- Select the item(s) to include in your letter
- Click on Add to Dispute
- Click on Save and Continue
- Select a Letter Category from the dropdown menu
The available options are:
* Credit Bureau Letters
* Creditor Letters
* Collection Letters
* Misc. Letters
- Select a letter from the Letter Name dropdown
- Click on Next: Generate Letter
- Make any last-minute changes in the Letter Editor
- Click on Save & Continue To Print
- Fill out the Save Letter form as needed
Doing this will allow you to use the same letter template for another client.
- Click on Save All X letters
The button may show a different number depending on how many letters are being saved.
At this point, you can either send the letter through CloudMail or print it locally.
Free Basic Disputing Course
We are offering a Basic Disputing Course for FREE inside our 14-day Credit Hero Challenge. In this challenge, we’ll walk you by the hand to run your very own credit repair business in just a couple of weeks, AND for less than it costs to bring your family to McDonald’s.
The best way to speed up the process and truly understand the nuances of which letters to send is to take our Basic Disputing Course. You and your staff will learn everything you need to handle the first 8 rounds of credit repair at a minimum.
To join the challenge and get the Basic Disputing certification course for free, go to creditherochallenge.com.
Can the letters be modified?
Yes, absolutely! You can modify all the master letter templates in the Library, but you may want to hold off on that until you know your way around the software. Changing the letters will not make them any more successful. They are intentionally simple, and simple is best. Adding legalese to them is not recommended because then the letters won't seem like they're coming from your client anymore, and that's the whole point.
Can a letter be modified just for one client?
Yes! When you're working in the Dispute Wizard, the very last step is the Letter Editor. In this step, you can type any last-minute text to customize your letter on the fly (before you save and print or send it with CloudMail).
What you can do now: