Google Analytics gives you the tools you need to better understand your customers. You can then use those business insights to take actions such as improving your website. In this article, you will learn how to add Google Analytics to your credit repair website.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Locating the tracking code in Google Analytics
- How do I add the tracking code? - Instructions for My Credit Repair Site
- General instructions to add the tracking code to your website
To start, make sure to have the following:
Locating the tracking code in Google Analytics
In this article, we’ll cover the general steps to set up Google Analytics. For a full, Google official guide on Analytics for your website, please click here.
To get the code from Google Analytics, you will need to set up a free account first. Follow the steps below to retrieve the tracking code you will add to your website.
- Log in to your Google account and go to https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision
- Complete the registration process
- Under Choose a platform click on Web
- Enter your Website URL and select https:// from the dropdown
- Enter a Stream name
You can give it any name that you want.
- Click on Create stream
- Under Add new on-page tag click on Global site tag
The section will expand and show you the code snippet that you will be using.
- Select and copy the code shown in the box or click on the Copy icon
How do I add the tracking code? - Instructions for My Credit Repair Site
To add this tracking code you will need to access your Site Builder.
- Log in to your My Credit Repair Site account
- Click on Edit Site under the My Sites section
- Click on Edit Site in the top right corner
- Welcome to the Site Builder!
- Click on Settings at the top
- Click on SEO
- Paste the code under Header Code
- Click on Save
General instructions to add the tracking code to your website
If you have your own website and don't use our web hosting/site building tools, simply copy the code from Google Analytics and insert it in your website’s Header Code area (or similar), or send the code to your IT person or web designer for them to work with it.
If you don’t know how to add the custom code to your existing site, look for instructions on ‘Adding header code’ in your provider’s help center.
What you can do now: