One of the most important steps to launching your website is enabling SSL security. Most major companies make sure that their website is protected and enable state of the art encryption as well as SSL, we do too!
SSL certificates, in general, are used to secure online transactions, logins, and personal information. They provide security that you can trust and they will make sure your potential clients are not scared away by browser security threat messages. When you first create your website, SSL will need to be enabled for the first time.
Here is how to enable SSL in your website:
- Log in as an admin to your MyCreditRepairSite.com account.
- Once in your account, locate the My Sites section and click on Edit Site
- On the next page, click Edit Site once again.
- Now that we have accessed your site builder, click the Settings tab from the top toolbar.
- Navigate to the SSL settings and you will see that SSL is not enabled, click Enable
- The SSL message will now turn green:
- In order to make sure that the changes take place, do not forget to click Publish:
When SSL has been enabled for the first time, it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to propagate. Once this time frame has passed, make sure to refresh your browser or clear browser cache so you can see the changes appear.
Final note, any time you update your website and Publish, you will continue to see the below message. This is only relevant for you when you have enabled SSL for the first time.
Want to know more about our web hosting? Click here for a quick guide to get started.