ICANN requires that you verify your contact information after purchasing a domain. This is an important process to comply with ICANN's regulations. If you fail to follow this process, ICANN will suspend your domain until you verify your information.
If you purchased a domain with us when signing up for our Web Hosting service, you will receive an email with instructions and a link to verify your email address and contact information. In this article, we’ll guide you through this process.
Credit Repair Cloud doesn’t have any control over this process. ICANN is a nonprofit organization responsible for coordinating the maintenance and procedures of several internet databases. We strongly recommend you to follow this process, otherwise, your domain will be suspended by ICANN.
Table of contents:
- ICANN Domain Verification - Step by step guide
- I didn’t receive the ICANN email. What do I do?
- More than 15 days have passed and I haven’t verified my information
- Editing my contact information
To start, make sure you have the following:
- A domain purchased through My Credit Repair Site
- Access to the email used to register the domain
These instructions apply when purchasing a domain directly through us at MyCreditRepairSite. Domain verification is always required, regardless of where you buy your domain. However, instructions will vary depending on your domain registrar.
ICANN Domain Verification - Step by step guide
- Open your email inbox
- Locate the email with subject IMMEDIATE VERIFICATION required for yourdomain
- Open the email
- Verify that your contact information is correct
If you notice an error in the information, be sure to follow the Editing my contact information process outlined below and restart this process from Step 1 above.
- Click on the hyperlink that says Click here to verify your email address
Or, if the hyperlink doesn’t work, copy and paste the URL found below into a new browser window.
- You will get a success notification like the one shown below
I didn’t receive the ICANN email. What do I do?
It’s likely that the email was automatically placed in your Spam/Junk or Promotions folder, so make sure you check these folders and try to complete the process.
More than 15 days have passed and I haven’t verified my information
If more than 15 days have passed after you purchased the domain and you haven’t verified your contact information, the domain will be suspended by ICANN. To resume this process, follow the steps outlined below.
- Type in your domain name in the address bar
- You will see a warning message like the one shown below
- Enter the 7 digit captcha
- Click on Resend Verification Email
- Follow the Step by step guide outlined above
Editing my contact information
If you notice an error in your contact information, you can fix it by following the steps below:
- Go to the login page for My Credit Repair Site
- Enter your email and password and click Login
- Click on DOMAINS
- Click on the down arrow to the right to open the dropdown menu
- Click on Edit Contact Information
- Update your info as needed under Registrant Contact
- Scroll all the way down and click on Save Changes
When you change the contact information for a domain, your domain could be put on a 60-day transfer lock, per ICANN's updated Transfer Policy. If you want to avoid this 60-day lock, you will need to opt out.
- (Optional) Check the Opt-out of Transfer Lock checkbox if needed
This is an advanced option and not required if you aren’t planning to change where you manage your domain.
- Click on Submit
Your requested change will trigger the contact verification process. An ownership verification email will be sent to your email. Click on the link in the email within 14 days to save/confirm the changes.
What you can do now: