Technology isn't infallible, so you may experience issues with your training courses at some point. Here are some tips and troubleshooting suggestions in case you do.
Table of contents:
- I'm having trouble with videos/audios not playing
- Basic browser troubleshooting
- I'm having trouble viewing PDF lessons
- The course lessons won't autoplay
- I'm still having issues. Help!
To start, make sure you have the following:
I'm having trouble with videos/audios not playing
Often, this issue is caused by a browser problem. We recommend checking that your browser is up to date. If you're not sure what browser you're using or if it’s up to date, you can check it here: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
Basic browser troubleshooting
- Clear your cache and restart the browser. Also, check if you’re using the newest version of the browser.
- Try a different browser (we like Google Chrome).
- Try an Incognito / Private Window.
- Restart the device.
- If possible, try a different device to rule out an issue with your current device.
- If possible, try a different internet connection. School and/or corporate firewalls occasionally block our video provider.
I'm having trouble viewing PDF lessons
If you are receiving a message that you cannot view the PDF on your browser, it may have to do with your browser settings. If you are using Chrome (recommended browser), please type the following address in your address bar chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments and make sure Open PDFs in Chrome is selected.
The course lessons won't autoplay
Over the last few years, all major browsers have taken steps to block autoplaying videos on webpages. Each browser has slightly different rules around how it makes this decision. So, if your course lessons aren’t autoplaying, this is expected browser behavior, and it can’t be changed within your training account.
I'm still having issues. Help!
If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and are still having issues with your training course, please feel free to reach out to us and share the following details with us:
- Please provide a brief description of the issue.
- What is your name as it appears in your training account? What is the email address associated with it?
- Which course(s) and which lesson(s) are you experiencing this issue?
- Which browser and version are you experiencing this issue in?
- Do you have any browser extensions/plug-ins installed? You can try disabling them or use incognito/private tabs as it can help with testing.
- What other troubleshooting steps did you try?
- Is there an error message? If there is, please send us a screenshot of the error message so we can take a look.
Article is closed for comments.