Adding dispute items manually is useful when you have a client’s credit report that can’t be imported. In this article, we’ll cover how to use the Dispute Wizard to dispute credit items manually.
The dispute wizard won’t exactly “import” the credit reports. Contrary to popular belief, adding dispute items manually requires very little typing, so it's nearly as fast as importing a report. The manual options it's surprisingly fast because the only text you're typing is the account name and number.
Table of contents:
- Where can I manually create dispute letters?
- How do I manually create a dispute letter?
- Video Overview
To start, make sure to have the following:
- A Credit Repair Cloud account - Sign up for a free trial here!
- A credit report provided by your customer that our software can’t import
Please note our software can only import from IdentityIQ, SmartCredit, MyFreeScoreNow, MyScoreIQ, and PrivacyGuard.
Where can I manually create dispute letters?
- Log in to your Credit Repair Cloud account
- Click on My Clients
- Click on your client’s name to open the client dashboard
- Click on Dispute Wizard
How do I manually create a dispute letter?
- Click on CREATE DISPUTE LETTERS
- Select Round 1 or Round 2 (or higher)
All new clients always start with Round 1. Choose the option that best suits your client’s scenario.
- Click on ADD NEW ITEM
- Select the credit bureau(s) as needed
- Click on Select furnishers to select a furnisher
Or click on Add creditor/furnishers
Type in the Furnisher/Creditor name and click on Add
- Enter an Account number
Or, if the bureaus are showing different account numbers click on Different for each bureau.
Next, enter the account numbers under each bureau.
- Click on Choose a reason for your dispute and select the reason that fits the scenario
If you can't find an appropriate reason, choose Other information I would like changed.
Or, click on Manage reasons to add a custom reason.
- Click on Choose instructions and select the instruction that fits the scenario
Or, click on Add new instruction to add a custom instruction.
- Click on Add another dispute item and repeat the process as needed
We recommend sending between 3 to 5 dispute items to a credit bureau within a 30 day period. If you send more, you risk being labeled “frivolous."
- Once you are done adding items click on Continue
- Check the boxes shown before each item to select the dispute items you wish to include in this letter
Any remaining unchecked items will be saved as "Pending" to include in a future Round 1 dispute letter.
- Click on Next
- Make any last minute changes in the Letter Editor
- Click on SAVE LETTERS
Always save your letters before you print.
- Click on PRINT PREVIEW
- Click on Print
Additionally, you can export the letters as .pdf or .doc files by clicking EXPORT AS PDF or EXPORT AS WORD.
What you can do now: